Tracking documents is critical in any document-centric business process. As organizations scan and digitize their documents, there is a need to track documents through their processes. By annotating on the image itself, organizations can trace digital documents back to their source. Best practices suggest that annotating documents with a unique numbering system (called Bates Numbering) provides the traceability that most organizations need to ensure their business processes are not losing documents.
Furthermore, annotation and Bates Numbering becomes an extremely useful tool during legal discovery and audits as it allows organizations to confirm all documents are present and accounted for with regard to a specific case or action.
Many organizations will also append key information on document such as where a document was scanned, when a document was scanned, and what business unit or process the document may pertain to.
- Custom Module that is fully integrated with Kofax Capture
- The annotations get written directly onto the image file in configurable locations
- Location of annotations is set on the form type, supporting multiple document layouts
- The annotations can be placed on any page in the document
- The value of any index field can be used as the text for the annotation
- Bates numbering is supported through general Kofax (index field) scripting
- Auto-incrementing annotations are supported through general Kofax (index field) scripting